If you're considering braces, congratulations! You'll achieve a more pleasing, healthier set of teeth. Statistics from the American Association of Orthodontists show children aren't the only ones who need braces. Frequently, older patients use Invisalign clear aligners to achieve their best smiles. Learn the benefits of Invisalign from Dr. Eric Young, your dentist at Mill Pond Dental Group in Mokena.
What is Invisalign?
This FDA-approved orthodontic system corrects a variety of smile alignment problems such as:
- Protruding front teeth
- Tooth rotation and tipping
- Crowded and overlapping teeth
Invisalign consists of a custom-made series of thin, acrylic aligners which snap snugly over both top and bottom arches. Just like metal, ceramic or lingual braces, Invisalign appliances place pressure on selected teeth, moving them to improve their position, function and appearance. However, Invisalign appliances differ from traditional braces in many ways--one of which is their discreet appearance. That's right. No one can tell you're wearing Invisalign aligners!
Treatment with Invisalign
To begin treatment, you'll see your dentist at Mill Pond Dental Group in Mokena for a complete oral examination and special scans. This information will qualify you for Invisalign treatment and help Dr. Young formulate your care plan. A technician at the Invisalign lab will craft your aligner pairs--18 to 30 in all, depending on your particular needs.
As you go through treatment, you'll wear the aligners 20 to 22 hours daily, moving on to the next pair in sequence every two weeks or so. You'll remove your aligners to brush, floss and eat, and if you wish, you may take them out for a special event such as a professional presentation or wedding.
When you complete treatment, you'll have a healthier, more attractive smile. To keep it well-aligned, you'll wear a special appliance called a retainer--typically at night.
Additional benefits of Invisalign
- Oral hygiene is simple. Just remove the aligners, and clean them with a soft brush and toothpaste. Brush and floss as usual, and replace the appliances.
- There are no uncomfortable wires, brackets, or bands to irritate your lips or gums.
- Progress checks at Mill Pond Dental Group happen every four to six weeks, and they, too are quick and easy.
- Invisalign aligners address many orthodontic problems. So, likely you are a candidate for this innovative system of clear appliances.
Get the whole story
A healthy, beautiful smile can be yours through Invisalign invisible aligners. For your individualized consultation with your dentist, Dr. Eric Young, please call Mill Pond Dental Group in Mokena, IL, at (708) 722-1600.